I’ve been thinking about fall fashions now that the weather is cooler. Thanks to my friends at Foxcroft, I now have a crisp white button down shirt to add to my fall wardrobe. The nice thing about the Foxcroft shirt is that it is 100% cotton, non-iron and shape fit.
“You look all spiffy in your bright white shirt,” said one of my colleagues. A few others noticed too. I dressed it up with a chunky grey necklace and wore it with my black a-line skirt and a wide patent leather belt. I added a silver and black bracelet (courtesy of my boyfriend L…thank you L) and put on my new Jones NY patent leather and suede flats. (Lord & Taylor had their annual fall shoe sale last week. The more shoes you bought the more discount you received. Of course, I bought three pair of flats and got 30 percent off. I so wanted the high-heeled platform Tahari Laura pumps. Ooh, ooh, ooh, they would have gone even better with my new white button-down shirt, but I think I would have likely twisted my ankle and ended up with a white cast to go with my new white shirt. So I resisted and bought all flats. Question: I’ve been using my DVR to tape the Katie Show the past week. How does Katie Couric wear such high heels every day – she is 55 – guess she doesn’t do much walking in her shoes?)
I realized that the reason I don’t own any white button-down shirt is because it always gets dirty. While I did not wear a bib the day I wore my new white shirt, I did eat all white foods – milk for breakfast, vanilla yogurt for lunch, an apple for a snack (the juice from the apple ran clear.) Wearing my new white shirt was definitely good for my diet and I can attest to the “non-iron” attribute, as I did wash and dry it in my washer and dryer and the shirt was still in good shape and still white. (No ironing for moi…not during my life after 50.)
Fellow boomer girls, if you would like to purchase a new white button-down shirt or a striped or printed one (I really like the black and white stripped shirt but it was out of stock in my size), Foxcroft is going to provide a 20 percent discount to all my blog readers until October 15, 2012. Check out their website at www.foxcroftcollection.com and use code JUDI20OFF.
I asked the stylist at Foxcroft to provide some Fall Fashion Trends, here are her tips:
– Animal prints: Got it – have a pair of leopard print shoes from 2011.
– Winter whites: Got it – thank you Foxcroft for my new white button-down shirt.
– Deep regal colors like purple and navy: Love purple, but navy isn’t one of my favorite colors.
– Geometric prints of every kind: I do need to look for some bold colored tops to go with my a-line skirts and create my own geometry. Think my 50-plus figure is turning into a triangle as my hips continue to widen.
– Pair any of these trends with a skinny jean and a heel and you are “Tres Chic!”: Maybe I should go back and get those Tahari Laura heels. The sale is off at Lord & Taylor, but I found them at Piperlime. Take a look. I do really adore them.
What favorite fall fashions will you be wearing this season?