I can’t believe it’s the holiday season. Each year, I have good plans to get my gift guide out in advance however it never seems to happen. If you haven’t finished your shopping, I’ve put together some suggestions.
My list includes my favorite things from the 2023 Summer NY NOW Lifestyle and Gift Show and other appealing items that have been sent my way for blogger review.
Many of the items are made by inspiring artists and entrepreneurs. There are gifts for home, jewelry, and other accessories. I’ve also featured a few wellness-focused items and 2024 calendars from my fav Workman Press. Plus you can’t forget to give a treat to your dog or cat, pets are family members too.
Make sure you read to the end as I’m hosting a special holiday giveaway. One lucky reader will win a potpourri from my stash of blogger goodies.
Let’s start shopping!
2023 Holiday Gift Guide
Gifts for the home
Not just for the holidays, these gifts make nice wedding or house-warming presents:
* Zpots pottery are made by Eric Hendrick and Noelle VanHendrick and other Vermont artisans. Per their website: “They make cups of love and buckets of peace, and so much more, for humanity. The pieces are adorned with Noelle’s words and images that gently remind us we belong and we are in this together. The pieces are empowerment and positive. They hold the knowing that each and every one of us is here to love and change the world through that love.”
* Lemnos clocks hail from Japan. These contemporary time keepers have a sleek design and make a modern statement in a kitchen or on a bedroom nightstand. You can order them from various decorating websites and select models are available on Amazon.
* Rise and Shine Ceramics are made with tender loving care by a young entrepreneurial couple from Chicago. I liked their whimsical mugs, vases and other pottery.
* Lucano ladders and step stools are also from Japan and go great with a Lemnos clock. While they are pricey, these sleek tools add a stylish statement and will help you reach things in high places. You can find them on Amazon.
* Hanglo hangers say they are “the brighter closet light.” They not only hold clothes, these hangers light up so you can see your clothes in the dark.
* Character tools are for guys and gals who like hand tools with pizzazz. These tools are a “next-gen improvement brand” and come in cool colors like dark green and lilac with fashionable tool boxes and bags for handy storage.
Jewelry to adorn
There were so many jewelry exhibitors at NY NOW. It was difficult to pick which to highlight. Here are four of my favs:
* Dean Davidson jewelry is created by a Canadian designer. I adore his simple necklaces, earrings and crystal rings. Each one is prettier than the next.
* Karin Jacobson jewelry is meticulously crafted, beautiful art jewelry. Each high-end piece is made personally by Karin in her Minneapolis studio, using ethically sourced materials. Her newest Origami line is small-scale wearable sculpture.
* Metalicious owner Stephanie handcrafts her unique, spirited jewels in NYC with recycled metals and ethically mined gemstones. I especially like the Chakra collection with amethyst rings and earrings.
* Monarch and Mariposa repurpose butterfly wings, bird feathers and beetle wings to make creative jewelry. These one-of-a-kind pieces are distinctive gifts for discriminating tastes.
Accessories to complement
An eclectic mix of accessories were on display at NY NOW. These three caught my eye:
* Park + Coop aprons and bags (+home goods) are made from up-cycled denim. These gifts have it all – small batch, artisan quality, unique gender neutral, locally sourced and woman-owned.
* Toga towels are hands free wearable towels with luxurious spa like comfort. I like their ultra soft and absorbent material and the quick drying fabric is handy for after-shower or bath time.
* Solar Eclipse sells fashionable hair clips in a wide variety of styles. The new animal clips with dog and cat designs are a fun and decorative way to clip your hair.
Sock it to me
Socks are definitely trendy. Whether you want colorful warm-woolies, split-toe grippers or socks that give you positive feedback, here are a variety of coverings for your footsies:
* Pointe Studio gripper socks standout with compression arch support, full foot PVC grip, terry footbed and padded ankle rest making them perfect for Pilates – one of my recent fav fitness classes. I also like Ro & Arrows split-toe gripper socks which are the best socks for gripping the footbed of the reformer because your toe beds are free.
* Sock Candy socks are a fashion-sock brand that celebrate unconventional personal style. Created by former fashion influencer Mary Gui, these socks are inspired by whimsical prints, bold colors and quirky designs. You can pair them with sandals or heels to make a fashion statement.
* Solmate socks are made with recycled cotton and wool in beautiful colors and a variety of styles including crew, ankle and performance socks. A portion of the proceeds from these socks are donated to non-profit groups that work to keep our planet, people and animals all thriving.
* Conscious Step goal is to connect you with world-changing nonprofits, making it easier to make an impact towards today’s most important causes. Each sock set purchased includes a give-back to a different cause whether it’s helping empower women, support trees, educate kids or other initiatives – wearers know they are giving-back.
* Notes to Self socks empower the wearer with positive affirmations written on each pair to increase self-confidence. Created by a boomer woman, 100,000+ pairs have been donated to homeless and women’s shelters, and children in need.
Useful wellness gifts for yogis and exercisers
* Wild Mingo mats and blocks are perfect for Yoga, Pilates and Barre classes. Designed in Australia, these gorgeous fitness tools will make you want to exercise. The colors are amazing and really pop. Plus the mats are machine washable.
* Ekrin Athletics B37 Percussion Massager will help soothe tight muscles after your workout when you can’t get to a massage therapist. The massager 15-degree handle allows for better reach and leverage. I like to use this massager on my calves and glutes to help me recover after a game of pickleball.
Calendars to get ready for 2024
I featured calendars from Workman Publishing Company in my gift guide last year. While I keep my appointments on my iCal on my mobile phone, I like a printed calendar to keep track as well. I think calendars make nice gifts. New ones that I like for 2024 are:
*The New York Times Cooking Calendar which if you like the newspaper’s Cooking app you’ll enjoy this daily recipe-a-day calendar.
*A Magnetic Monthly Calendar allows you to post the calendar on your fridge so you can stay organized.
*The Beginning is Now Calendar was designed by artist Lisa Congdon with bright, bold illustrations and also has a magnetic backing.
Don’t forget your pet (especially the grand puppies)
Since I have two grand pups I am constantly buying toys and other treats for my family pets. Here are a few pet-worthy gifts to choose from:
* Pet Shop Fringe Studio has the cutest food bowls and toys for dogs and cats. Plus there are some feline friendly and doggie mugs for pet owners too.
* Puppington fanny pack was created for pet parents. The pack has a separate pouch for poop bags so you don’t need to fuss with any additional carriers. Oprah rated the Puppington pet pack to her “O” List of favorite things. They also sell a variety of other calming pet toys.
* Little Noses offers pet toys, bandanas and gifts for the humans who love their pets.
* Bonne Filou named after French King Louis XIV’s pups, are for “prima-doggas.” You can chose from Dog Advent Calendars, French Macaron treats or high-end leashes and more dog attire.
Enter my holiday giveaway
What are you looking forward to this holiday season? I know times are tough and our world is having challenges now. But let me know what brings you joy — it can be the simplest thing, like watching a Hallmark movie or baking cookies. Leave a comment and/or enter the rafflecopter below. One lucky winner will receive a potpourri from my blogger stash including a calendar, cookbook, and other surprises.
Happy holidays! Happy shopping!